Living a life of purpose doesn’t just happen, it’s cultivated over time. It definitely has its ups and downs, but always pushes you towards growing your potential. And let’s be real here, not everyone is living their true purpose, even if they are talking about it. That begs me to ask the question, ‘why are people all talk, no action?'
It’s hard. It takes commitment, and consistency over time.
When I decided to pursue my purpose it meant I had to make some huge adjustments in my life, and completely re-adjust my priorities to ensure that I was aligning my goals with my vision. And, let me tell you, it was not simple. Life was happening all around me, and I had to move past my own limitations and self doubt to keep moving forward. Basically what I am saying is, I get it!
It’s been years now, and although I’m not even close to where I believe I will be some day, I make steps everyday towards the purpose God has called me to. So, let me ask you, 'do you feel like your life is happening, and yet going nowhere?' Do you desire to really move towards your dreams, but are afraid of what your friends and family may think about it?
Here is the truth. Are you ready for it?
Our purpose is something we journey through. Not something we arrive at.
Hopefully that takes some of the pressure off of you. But don’t stay where you are, it’s time to start your own journey. And here’s how you can do it. Let me share four shifts that you can make in your life today that will get you moving in the right direction.
1) Challenge yourself… You, my friend will stay exactly where you are today if you do nothing. Nothing yields nothing. Get moving!! Do the hard work that it takes. Isn’t it high time you started investing in yourself financially and spiritually? Now is the time to commit to do whatever it takes.
2) Cultivate your passion… If you are wondering if your passion is part of your purpose the answer is a resounding YES! Now, that does not mean that your passion or purpose will be your livelihood. And, guess what, it doesn’t have to be! However, if you are not pursuing the gifts that God has given you, then you will feel out of balance and dissatisfied.
3) Community is key… Walking in your purpose always happens within community. It’s not meant to be all about you. Your purpose is to lift the lives of others, to be an impact on the lives of your family and friends. You may even desire to make a impact on people who have gone through the same life experience that you have. Pursue your purpose in a safe community. Allow yourself to hear feedback, and be encouraged by others who are doing the same thing you are.
4) Create momentum… Whatever you do, don’t stop! Don’t allow yourself to become stagnant. Always keep moving forward!! Even if you hit roadblocks, and feel like turning back. It may get hard, and you will be tempted to quit. Stay the course.
Ok, so I made a pretty bold statement at the beginning of this blog saying that if you give me 21 days, I will show you how to live your purpose. Do you believe it’s possible? Lets find out.
I want to challenge you to for 21 days to prioritize YOU. I know it’s a crazy idea, but what do you have to lose.
For 21 days (beginning Sept 1), you will be challenged to get real and transparent about your life and purpose. Each day I will post a challenge on Instagram to get you thinking about the greater purpose for your life, and how you can take steps towards it. When you join, you will get access to a private Facebook group where we can share what we are learning. I will be popping in daily using Facebook Live. Together as a ‘ isterhood', we’ll challenge and encourage one another to get real about our lives. If you’re wondering what we will cover over the next 21 days, here’s a sneak peek of what’s in store.
- Discover how to leverage your personal strengths
- Get direction on how to write a life message
- Gain clarity on how to pursue your passion
- Be inspired to dream again
- Interact with women all over the world who are journeying together
Are you ready to take the Purpose Challenge?
Sign up TODAY at www.designedwithpurpose.ca. I will be sending you a FREE gift to help you through the challenge, as well as invite you to be part of a private Facebook group. We will keep the conversation going there. And, I will be doing some FB Live events throughout the challenge.